The EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassadors are young environmental leaders ages 13-22 from across the United States. Through their role, Ambassadors will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge of water quality and lead members of their community through the water quality monitoring process. Ambassadors will impact the EarthEcho Water Challenge by expanding the program into their community and increasing awareness of the importance of water quality testing and water conservation. The EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassadors is an initiative coordinated by EarthEcho International’s Youth Leadership Council (YLC) and sponsored by Xylem.
In 2018, EarthEcho will select the inaugural class of EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassadors through a competitive application process. Applications for the Program will be accepted through February 19, 2018. All applicants for the program should:
- be between the ages of 13-22 at the time of application
- be a resident of the United States
- demonstrate an interest in water quality and youth leadership
- have some experience working collaboratively with youth and adults
- desire to participate in the EarthEcho Water Challenge and lead water monitoring events in their own community
- have strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.